Monday, February 4, 2013

{Up, Up, and Away Baby Shower}

Hello sweet friends!

I could not wait to share with you this fantastic and beautiful baby shower we styled yesterday for my friend Ilianetsie's Baby Shower!  Turns out this will be her third little boy, so we wanted to make something simple but fabulous.  A ladies only brunch with 50 of her closest friends and family.

We went with the hot air balloon theme simply because we've never done it before and she seemed like she was on cloud nine with this baby.  I immediately decided that we needed hot air balloons so I got these huge baskets along with some jumbo balloons from Johanna at GloboArte and created two of them.  I also created the centerpieces using balloons and fresh flowers on burlap covered vases.







The whole setup was very whimsical.  We wanted to give it the feeling of being in the sky, so we decided on a blue background, white tablecloths and a fluffy rug for the gift opening area.  One of the hot air balloons would be used for stacking up all the cute gifts for baby.  A monogrammed pillow rested on the modern rocker were Ilia would sit.


Guests were greeted with a different version of the hot air balloon made out of tissue paper balls embellished with paper rosettes, ribbon and rope.  I found a darling book with a hot air balloon theme were guests would sign in and write their wishes for the baby.









The dessert table was simply spectacular.  Lots of sweet desserts in shades of blue, white and green.  Desserts included chocolate mousse, shimmery gumballs, cheesecake, peach and cream parfaits, french macarons, petit meringues, cupcakes, alfajores (dulce de leche deliciousness), sugar cookies and, of course, a dream of cake by Jovadiel Cake Designs by Jovanna Valentín.














I created the usual water bottle labels, cloud embellishments for striped straws, dessert labels, cake topper, and the banner hanging between two clouds hanging from the 'sky'.



Cake topper mini banner

Banner



This one is definitely one of my favorites!



Vendors:
Party styling, paper products & photography: Partylicious
Cake & cupcakes: Jovadiel Cake Designs by Jovanna Valentín
Desserts: Noemí Nieves ~Pastry Gallery
Macarons: Pastry Chef Lorriane Feliciano
Balloons: Johanna Padín ~GloboArte
Candy cups, goody bags, striped straws and wooden spoons: Shop Sweet Lulu

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this idea! I'm throwing a baby shower party for my sister too and would like to know where I can buy or print the balloon water label. I've looked online but can't find anything that has a balloon theme to it. Hope you can help.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same question she has.

    ReplyDelete